FTK in English
FTK is a fishing team operating from the capital of Finland Helsinki and it’s surrounding areas. FTK fishes mainly in south-western Finland especially when it comes to our twice a year fishing adventures which are usually located in the Finnish archipelago either near the mainland or the island of Aland.
Fishing Team Kalu Members
- Jarkko Mattila – The Rider
- Vesa Lepola – The Male
- Ron Katz – The Lure
- Ville Tawaststjerna – The Gear
- Tapio Kuosma – The Meat
- Sami Mattila – The Cook
- Jarkko Piispala – The Statistic
- Aleksi Kyllönen – Mr. Sport and Army
- Janne Huuhtanen – Der Über-Luxus
- Juho Björk – Mr. Gambling
- Dennis Mansner – Mr. Sipoo
- Lauri Rapo – Mr. Lapland
- Kennet Westerdahl – Mr. Never Ending Theory & Gear
Fishing in Finland is great since living in a country with population density of 15 inhabitants per square kilometer leaves the country rich with unspoiled northern nature.
FTK is into regular reel fishing, hard-core trolling is not our thing. Bass fishing in the US would be quite close to what we do.
FTK fishes mainly for the following species:
- Northern Pike (Esox lucius)
- European Perch (Perca fluviatilis)
- Sea Trout (Salmo trutta trutta)
- Pikeperch/Zander/European Walleye (Sander lucioperca)
Occasionally bait fishing also gives some examples of the following species:
- Whitefish (Coregonus lavaretus)
- Roach (Rutilus rutilus)
- Bream (Abramis brama)
- Ruffe (Gymnocephalus cernuus)
And we always hope to get a Fourhorn Sculpin (Triglopsis quadricornis).
Basic information on Finland in English
Fishing in Finland in English